This past week I took an E-cation. An E-Cation is a specified amount of time that we take a break from the electronic world of the Internet and all that abides within or through it.
My intention was to remain 100% on my E-Cation, yet to be honest; there were a few times I had to return a couple of emails and text messages. Each were items that may have been able to wait till my return. Yet, it seemed beneficial to address them in the moment.
Here is a list of Seven Gifts I discovered while on my E-Cation.
Seven takes aways from my E-Cation
7) There are people with stories just waiting to be heard when you do not have your Facebook open.
6) There are people who can not live without looking at their Facebook and text.
5) There are some amazing smiles on people’s faces.
4) There are some fascinating birds that want to make themselves known to you when you are looking up.
3) There are some amazing chats between you and yourself when you are away from the web.
2) There are some very kind people, just waiting to offer their servant’s heart to you, while you are away from your electronic world.
1) There are some magnificent eyes, that reveal the majestic within people when you are free from the electronic world.
Both the outside and electronic world made it without my involvement. The planet continued to spin, lives moved forward and at the same time nothing really changed while it was away.
Hmmmm … Maybe life is not as fast paced as I once perceived it to be? Maybe it’s just the Electronic world that moves fast.
The greatest gift of all came through being able to 100% focus on the person or persons I was with.
People are still the most amazing technology of all time.
I am Matt, and I am your Friend. When I can do anything for you, just ask. You can reach me at 916.708.8103 or at email@example.com